Sole E95 Elliptical Trainer Review:
The Sole E95 Elliptical Trainer is a front drive elliptical trainer
with a generous 20" stride length that uses an eddy current brake. These are features that are not always found in this price range. In
addition, Sole has paid a lot of attention to biomechanics and ergonomic design with the E95. Oversize adjustable foot pedals that
also include foam cushioning is a very commendable effort by a fitness equipment manufacturer to deal head on with foot numbness that is all
too common with most elliptical trainers.
- Drive Mechanism - eddy current brake, requires 110 V outlet. Heavy 30 lb flywheel and high gear ratio for an extremely smooth motion.
- Resistance Levels - 20. Provides ample resistance at the top end for even the most aggressive trainees.
- Incline - fixed.
- Dual Action - custom-molded hand grips for a more comfortable feel.
- Heart Rate Control - sensors in stationary handles and includes a heart rate monitor chest strap for both monitoring and interactive program control as well as HR auto-pilot.
- Multi-color LED dot matrix display - LED green and red backlit health club-quality display.
- Exercise modes - 6 standard, 2 user-defined, and 2 heart-rate-control programs including HR auto-pilot.
- Stride length - generous 20" stride length. Can accomodate trainees well over 6' with a full range of motion, not a choppy, stepper-like feel.
- Foot Pedals - oversize, cushioned, adjustable foot pedals, designed for both comfort and biomechanics.
- Built-in Accessories - water bottle holder, fan.
- Optional Accessories - water bottle.
- Power Requirements - plugs into wall outlet 110 V.
- Weight Capacity - 400 lbs. Perhaps a bit exaggerated, but should have no problem up to 300 lbs.
- Warranty - lifetime frame, 5 years parts & electronics, 2 years labor. Generous warranty!
MSRP - $2699.99 Average Selling Price - $1699.99
- Length - 82"
- Width - 33"
- Weight - 215 lbs
- Flywheel weight - 30 lbs.
Our Recommendation: **EH Best Buy**
This is a very intelligently designed elliptical trainer that provides a very smooth motion. The smooth feel is due to the 30lb flywheel and high gearing ratio. Sole Fitness designs their equipment, ellipticals and treadmills, with the partnering of both design engineers and physical therapists. This collaboration has resulted in an elliptical trainer that approaches perfection in the Sole E95.
The physical therapy team contributed to the unique design of the ergonomic foot pedals and the cushioning is a direct acknowledgment of the aggravating Elliptical Trainer Sleepy Foot Syndrome.
The engineering side of the house has designed an intoxicatingly smooth, whisper-quiet drive mechanism that's proving to be very durable. The 4-wheeled foot rails are shrouded with plastic housings that both protect the wheels and reduce noise. Other manufacturers of front-drive ellipticals should take notice (hint to Octane).
It also can't go without mentioning the very generous warranty terms provided by Sole on the E95. Most other manufacturers aren't as generous (or as confident in their products). Just be aware that the E95 takes up some space with its 82x33 footprint, so plan and measure accordingly.
Customer Feedback -- "I received my Sole E95 elliptical machine yesterday and it is a fabulous piece of equipment. It is solidly built, it is very smooth
with a very comfortable stride and very quiet. It appears as if it would last a
very long time. I will keep you posted." -- Harry T.